2014-06-20

Semester 2 just ended // 3 teachers leaving // Maleficent // How to Train Your Dragon 2 // AKMU

BONJOUR MES PETIT PISSENLITS
(it means Hello my little dandelions in French)
//

Semester 2 just ended
Time flies. I know it is very cliché to say something like this but I really think that in IB, time passes away way too fast. I don't even have the time to relax and chill. Sometimes I feel like I don't even procrastinate, why still I didn't manage to finish everything on time? I really need to reflect on this. *IBDP Semester 2 Reflection Post coming soon HINT HINT*
For the whole semester 2 exam week, the IBDP students just turned into zombies and study machines. Some subjects I did very bad, some were good. There is too many uncertainties in this universe and I swear IB exams are one of those. Sometimes, the efforts you put into your exam is not directly proportional to the marks you get. Every time we fall down, we just need to get up. When everything falls apart, we just have to pick up every single broken pieces and put them all together, no matter how painful it is to hold them.

// 

3 teachers leaving
You will never know how important they are until they leave you.

Madam Moi Moi, Mr. Singh and Dr. Brice are leaving us. I still couldn't get over it as they are such inspirations to me. I was intimidated by Madam Moi Moi from the very beginning. But I liked her more and more when I got to know her in person. She can be fierce sometimes but I know she has good intention, she just want us to pass up our homework and succeed in IB. From the very first day, she has been telling us the importance of discipline in IB. She is the only teacher who will point out my mistakes directly and that's why I love her. I love honest people. Mr. Singh is not teaching me but from what I heard from his Physics students, he is funny, interesting and physics-y (does this word even exist LOL). I love people who are compassionate, and he is definitely one of them. I saw him giving students card he made. People who still write letters are the best people. I always saw him wandering in college after class. He always have time to talk to students and I find it very lovely. Dr. Brice is definitely one of the best teacher I ever had. He is strict but he teaches me the importance of punctuality and discipline. In his class, I always eager to voice out as he always respects our opinion and there is no right or wrong in ToK class. ToK is my favourite class, and always will be.

//

Maleficent
Since I was having this craving for Pan Mee, Daryl, Ivanna and I went Publika to fix my crave. After eating dinner we decided to watch Maleficent in One Utama, it was a very impulsive decision though.


"Maleficent" explores the untold story of Disney's most iconic villain from the classic "Sleeping Beauty" and the elements of her betrayal that ultimately turn her pure heart to stone. Driven by revenge and a fierce desire to protect the moors over which she presides, Maleficent cruelly places an irrevocable curse upon the human king's newborn infant Aurora. As the child grows, Aurora is caught in the middle of the seething conflict between the forest kingdom she has grown to love and the human kingdom that holds her legacy. Maleficent realizes that Aurora may hold the key to peace in the land and is forced to take drastic actions that will change both worlds forever. (c) Walt Disney Pictures

Had Juiceworks and Pan Mee at Publika, then watched movie at IU


Overall, the movie was amazing. I could safely say that this is the best movie I had ever watched. Even better than Tarzan, Lion King and Frozen. Disney never ceased to amaze me. How I love Disney. <3

//

How to Train Your Dragon 2
After Mr. Singh's farewell party, we went to Mid Valley to watch How to Train Your Dragon 2.


DreamWorks Animation returns to the world of dragons and Vikings in this sequel to their successful 2010 outing How to Train Your Dragon. The original film followed the exploits of a Viking chief's son, who must capture a dragon in order to mark his passage into manhood and prove his worthiness to the tribe. ~ Jeremy Wheeler, Rovi

Had dinner with la famille de IB at MidValley after the movie 

I thought How to Train Your Dragon 1 is already amazing enough but Dreamworks proves me wrong again. The whole movie can definitely tickle your funny bone. The whole cinema was full of laughter. This movie is marvellous but still, Maleficient is still better in my opinion. 

//

AKMU
So I recently discovered some good music! I am not always a big fan of Kpop but this two siblings just made me fell in love with them. They are Akdong Musician (AKMU).

They might not look like the typical Korean pop stars but that is the reason I like them. They are original and irreplaceable.

Akdong Musician (Korean: 악동뮤지션, also known as AKMU) is a South Korean duo under YG Entertainment, consisting of siblings Lee Chan-hyuk (Korean: 이찬혁) and Lee Soo-hyun (Korean: 이수현). They won the second installment of the K-pop Star series.

Akdong Musician's album was released online on April 7 while physical copies of the album were released on April 9. The debut album of AKMU, "Play" has more than three million downloads.
(Source: Wikipedia)

Their music is such a morning breeze in summer! So refreshing and make me feel young again. (Because I am old souled and I became mature way too early)


Give Love


200%


Melted (my favourite)

The whole album "Play"

//

Life has been pretty much like this. Too much things going on. Too little time.

Au revoir,
Dandioy

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...