2014-05-15

Food hunting | Starbucks Caramel Ribbon Crunch Frappuccino


Just so you know, Starbucks has introduced a new beverage, which is the Caramel Ribbon Crunch Frappuccino. There is this cray cray promotion going on now by having a frappuccino happy hour: from May 3rd to 12th, from 3 to 5 p.m., all frappuccinos are half off. 

So I decided to give this "extraordinary flavor" a try as at the whole facebook page, most people are giving good reviews about this drink. I checked the calories online (even though I won't fully trust Starbucks) and it is 470 calories. It's high I know, but I HAVE TO TRY. (My blog readers need my beverage reviews)

Screencap from Starbucks website


So I ordered this in Starbucks @Hartamas Shopping Centre. As usual the baristas there are super nice and they recommend me to buy this as I am going to get the half-price discount.

I never wanted any whipped cream because the texture is weird for me. (Yay for reducing calories) Okay go back to our topic! In my opinion, the drink is TOO SWEET for me, for those who don't fancy sweet drinks, please ask your barista to reduce the sweetness or else you will die of diabetes like me. For the first time in my life I wished I can finish the drink as soon as possible so that I can gulp gallons and gallons of water into my stomach. (I mean it's Starbucks cannot waste it right) However, I like the crumbly texture of the sugar mixed with the dark caramel syrup, I just wish that it was not as sweet. Seems that green tea latte is still my favourite.

For those caramel lovers and those who has lesser tolerance of the taste of coffee out there, I would definitely recommend you to give this a try! But if you don't like sweet drinks, better don't try it even though it is such a great deal. :'(

Would I come back for this? Definitely no. I will still stick to my GTL.

P/s: This is not a sponsored post and this is truly my honest review.

Fatdieme,
D

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...